Top Global Course
For GSE Doctoral students
Recruitment is temporarily suspended from April 2020
1) Obtain 2 credits or more from (i) International Collaborative Courses and (ii) Advanced Courses B (originally offered for the EA programme) at the Graduate School of Economics, or the courses taught in English at the Graduate School of Letters and Agriculture. Please see the “Available courses” for more information*.
2) Conduct research activities at a partner university or other institution located outside Japan for at least three months.
3) Work under the guidance and supervision of at least one International Supervisor** as part of the supervisory agreement created by the student and the International Supervisor.
4) Give an academic presentation at an international conference at least on two separate occasions An international conference organized at Kyoto University can be counted but at least one of the presentations must be given at an international conference or meeting held outside Kyoto University.
5) Achieve TOEFL iBT 86 or IELTS 6.5
6) Pass doctoral thesis examination.
* Students are entitled to register for the courses after they’re approved to join the Course. Please contact to the International Affairs Office for the details.
** International Supervisor can be an AGST project professor or a scholar who belongs to a university or institution located outside Japan.
How to complete the programme
1) Students must fulfill the course requirements as listed above.
2) Submit Form C at the start of Top Global Course by the end of October of the first school year.
3) Submit a copy of academic transcript and Form C by the end of April of each year (See Course calendar).
4) Students must confirm their International Supervisor by submitting Form D and E no later than one year following the Course commencement. A student who starts the Course in October must make his/her final decision about his/her International Supervisor by the following September at the latest. This decision cannot be changed afterwards, meaning that any changes to the International Supervisor must be done before the September.
5) There is no specific timing to conduct the overseas research and international conference components that are required to complete the Course. While it is up to the student when s/he works on these components, s/he is encouraged to manage their time and schedule appropriately.
6) Students should be mindful that Forms F, G, H and I are due by the end of December of his/her third school year.
7) Submit a copy of the official certificate of TOEFL iBT or IELTS that meets the requirements by the end of December of third school year.